- "Service" means the content, information and electronic transactions accessible as options within the Internet web site operated by the Department of Service Nova Scotia ("Department) or any organization contracted by that Department to operate services offered through the Internet web site, or portions thereof.
- "Fees" means the payment(s), if any, for a specific electronic transaction or application request described during each applicable transaction process, payable by you in advance using a credit card (or similar means as may be offered by the Department).
- "Province" means Her Majesty the Queen in right of the Province of Nova Scotia, as represented by the Department of Service Nova Scotia.
- As required through the course of completing an application request or service transaction, you shall pay the applicable fee as instructed in the payment description screens which are presented to you for verification and authorization.
- All Fees shall be payable to the Province, in advance, by means of a credit card, or other means as may be described within the Service. You agree to provide all credit card or similar payment information, which the Province may require to verify payment for requests submitted using the Service.
In the event that a refund of any Fees collected is required, you agree that the following procedure shall apply:
a. Registry of Motor Vehicle Transactions
If Fees in excess of the amount required to process the application request or transaction are collected, the Province will issue a cheque in the name which appears on the applicable Vehicle Permit as the Plate Owner for the amount of the excess Fees, provided the excess amount is greater than $3.00. If the excess amount is less than $3.00, then no refund will occur.
b. Other Transactions
If Fees in excess of the amount required to process the application request or transaction are collected, the Province will issue a cheque in the requestor's name for the amount of the excess Fees, provided the excess amount is greater than $3.00. If the excess amount is less than $3.00, then no refund will occur.
Cheques will be issued by the Province for overpayments within four weeks of the original application request or transaction.
Insufficient Fees Collected or Unable to Complete Processing
If the Province is unable to complete the processing of your application request or transaction after the Fees have been paid, a refund will be issued. The most common reasons why a transaction cannot be processed are:
- you selected an insufficient or incorrect Fee amount;
- outstanding fines exist and/or your transaction privileges have been suspended;
- information entered on the online application does not match information housed within the Province's databases; or
- additional information is required to complete the application request or transaction.
In any of the above circumstances, all Fees collected will be credited back to the original credit card account used for the payment. You will also receive a written explanation, detailing why your request could not be performed and what actions are necessary from you. The credit card refund will be processed within 3 working days of the original transaction and will appear under the name of "Govt. Internet Services" on your credit card statement.
c. Fees for some services or products may be refunded based on approval from the applicable business function. If you cancel payment for the service or product, a refund may be issued in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the procedures and policy identified on your web browser screen when your payment information is collected. If the applicable business function subsequently cancels payment for the service or product, then a full refund will be issued unless otherwise stated on the web browser screen when your payment information is collected.